auto-on Mod

irads

Re: auto-on Mod

Post by irads »

The auto-on feature is available for fit-PC2 as an option (but not on Amazon) and as standard in fit-PC2i.
Some distributors keep -ON units, check with them first before ordering.

benjgil

Post by benjgil »

We keep stock of a large number of models with Auto-Resume here in the UK and ship to Europe and the US if required.

Please send any inquiries to support@fit-pc.co.uk if you're interested, or you can order directly online at www.fit-pc.co.uk.

Kind rgds
Benjamin
Fit PC UK

encompass

Post by encompass »

Just to note. We will be needing this feature as it will be integrated in our factory robots. (Lots of them.) Thanks for the mod, I may do this to our dev unit when it's ready for proto testing.

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

I didn't realize that this was optional, and not in the unit I got, either. I'm using the device as a LAN server, so having it stay down after a power failure is not good. I think it should be a standard feature, with a bios control, or an external switch if there's really a desire to have it stay down after a power failure.

That said, my "fix" is to plug the Fit-PC2 into an UPS so that it just doesn't lose power. It's not a huge UPS, but since it's designed to keep a desktop running for 20 minutes or so, it should power the Fit-PC2 for hours. I seldom lose power that long (a couple of times a year at most) so I don't think the lack of auto-reboot will be an issue.

If it ever is, and I don't want to replace the Fit-PC2, I think I'll add the capability without voiding my warranty by using a timer chip (555 for instance) and transistor or relay to fire a solenoid positioned in front of the power button a few seconds after power is resumed. ;-)

Return to “Auto-ON”