Accepting Auto-ON orders

benjgil

Re: Accepting Auto-ON orders

Post by benjgil »

HI UV54,

Benjamin here from fit-pc UK.

We will ship to the US but it is a non-standard international shipping rate so we dont have it as an option on our cart.

SHipping to the US will cost £40 and take 2-3 days. We have Instant-On units in stock for the 1.6GHz Diskless model and will be stocking for the Linux and XP 1.6GHz models soon.

Regards

Benjamin
Fit-PC UK

UV254

Post by UV254 »

benjgil wrote:HI UV54,

Benjamin here from fit-pc UK.

We will ship to the US but it is a non-standard international shipping rate so we dont have it as an option on our cart.

SHipping to the US will cost £40 and take 2-3 days. We have Instant-On units in stock for the 1.6GHz Diskless model and will be stocking for the Linux and XP 1.6GHz models soon.

Regards

Benjamin
Fit-PC UK

Thanks for the info Benjamin.

It's just too bad that the pound is so strong and the dollar is so weak: GBP 304 shipped for the 1.6 GHz diskless model with wifi is USD 502, which is USD 123 more (shipped) than the 1.6 GHz Ubuntu model (has 160 GB hard drive and wifi) that is for sale in the US.

On the other hand, you have instant-on and they don't... so... we'll have to see how long I can wait.

Thanks again.

RonM

Post by RonM »

I can't find a description of the actual functioning of the instant-on feature. Is it an always-on-with-power feature (turns on when power is supplied)? Or is it a return-to-previous-state feature (boots and returns to previous state when power is interrupted)? Or something else? Can instant-on be overriden, so that it no longer functions? And is there any downside to the function?

Unfortunately, I've already bought and paid for a diskless fit2, which is en-route to me (and taking much longer to arrive to my address in Canada than I had thought). So the questions may be moot for me, although I might consider a return and replacement. What's policy on that?

R.

Return to “Auto-ON”