SSD Samsung MLC 64 Go not supported

Hard disks, SSD, SATA interface, external HDD
chris15

Re: SSD Samsung MLC 64 Go not supported

Post by chris15 »

I think that until the SSD is not recognized by the bios I can do nothing. Why does my ASUS P5B-VM 3 years old motherboard recognize the SSD and not the fit-PC2? It seems very strange to me.

chris15

Post by chris15 »

This drive is operating with all pcs I tried except yours.

Will you modify the bios in order to recognize the most common SSD Drives?

Thanks.

irads

Post by irads »

Thank you for the feedback. I brought it to the attention of our engineering. It is too early to say if the problem affects a wide range of SSDs and if it can be addressed in BIOS.

chris15

Post by chris15 »

Ok, next week I will try an Apacer 2.5" SSD 64GB, hope it will operate! And give me a status of SSD official tester within your company ;)

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

It's not about a brand - it's about what chips are used inside, and what controller. It could be that "high density memory" chips are not supported by FIT-PC2. So any disk that uses those chips will not be detected correctly, regardless of the brand. To know what exactly is supported and what not, you need to disassemble the disk and look at the chips inside - what text they have. However doing so will void your SSD warranty of course.

chris15

Post by chris15 »

A better and easiest way to do that is to tell your customers what chips or controllers are supported by fitPC2. For the SSD disks we can see it in the documentation, for example the samsung uses MLC-Chips. So provide a list of chips and controllers that are supported by fitPC2.

Thanks

chris

chris15

Post by chris15 »

So I have an answer from my IT provider: All Apacer hard disks use MLC chips, so your last answer means that fitPC2 does NOT support MLC chips, so all Apacer hard drives??? Thanks for a quick answer.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

MLC chips are supported (see KingSpec, OCZ etc.)
What is probably not supported is the controller used in Samsung SSD

chris15

Post by chris15 »

And I've never seen a report about a Samsung SSD drive not compatible with fitPC2, before I post my report http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1325.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

I can offer to exchange your Samsung 64GB SSD for KingSpec 64GB SSD that is supported. Let me know if interested.

Return to “Storage”