SD brands that work on fit-pc2i

Hard disks, SSD, SATA interface, external HDD
sonyisda1

SD brands that work on fit-pc2i

Post by sonyisda1 »

We developed a WES7 image using a 32GB Centon brand SD card. In producing more production units, we found it cheaper to purchase RiDATA brand drives which included the microSD adaptor and also were class 6 versus the Centon class 4. But these drives fail to work. In restoring a ghost image, windows boots but is extremely slow once it logs in and it eventually locks up. I tried installing a fresh copy of WES7 on the RiDATA drive, and it aborts in the middle with memory errors.

Has anyone else had similar issues booting and running WES7 with particular brand micro SDHC cards with the fit-pc2i?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: SD brands that work on fit-pc2i

Post by gabrielh »

Hello

Have you tried this SD cards on other systems?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

sonyisda1

Post by sonyisda1 »

gabrielh wrote:Hello

Have you tried this SD cards on other systems?

Yes, I was able to read the card fine through a different computer. Since we purchased multiple RiDATA cards, I tried a second thinking maybe it was a problem with a single unit but both experienced the same symptoms on the fit-pc.

Now the RiDATA was class 6 and the Centon was class 4. Does the class speed rating matter with compatibility on the fit-pc 2i?

sonyisda1

Post by sonyisda1 »

If this helps anyone in the same position (running WES7 from a SD card) here is a compatibility list of SD cards.

Works? Brand Class Rating Size
YES Transcend 4 16GB
NO Kingston 4 16GB
NO Patriot 4 16GB
YES AData 6 16GB
NO RiData 6 16GB
NO Centon 6 16GB
YES Centon 4 32GB

What I did notice is the drives that did not work, matched the size of another that didn’t work so it seems they are coming from the same factory and just re-branded.

Return to “Storage”