Replace CMOS battery possible?

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
mdavids

Replace CMOS battery possible?

Post by mdavids »

I bought my fit2pci a while ago. Today i discovered that my BIOS values are reset the moment i disconnect the box from power and then reconnect it a few seconds later. All BIOS settings are reset to default, including the clock/date values. That in particular is frustrating, because it prevents a proper boot of Linux. 'fsck' chokes on the date 'in the past' and stops with an error.
(pretty unhandy, because i use this box as a server with no screen and keyboard attached to it)

Is it possible that the CMOS rechargeable battery is broken? (that would be really fast, the box is only a few months old)

Is it possible to replace the CMOS battery, or could I try something else before attempting a replacement?

Thank you.

--
Marco

irads

Re: Replace CMOS battery possible?

Post by irads »

The rechargeable battery is soldered-on. We do not warrant replacement by user. Please RMA the unit - rma@fit-pc.com

Golfy

Re: Replace CMOS battery possible?

Post by Golfy »

I've a strange problem that could have similar issue : my FitPC2i clock is to fast (like taking 1s each 5s... 12 seconds by minut. At the end of a day, around 5 hours) :shock:
I've tried to force NTP sync, and this PC control my house automation (I wasn't very happy to get at 5:00 this morning in place of 7:00am :roll: )

I've bought it in september, 14 2009 (from Paypal command). As I live in France, I would know if the garranty will apply... and how you manage taxes (UPS let me a bad surprise last time)... ?

Technical info : was ok up to few day, run under WinXP, I've bought radiator (dissipator).

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”