Just got it

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
spark240

Just got it

Post by spark240 »

Hi, just got my fit pc2 c/w xp. I thought ( maybe wrongly ) that I could stick an HDMI cable in the back & then into my panasonic TV, no picture? do I need some converter thingy ? The TV has a pc input. Also has a hole where the Antenna connection should be & no antenna supplied...is this normal?

Looks great though !

spark240

Re: Just got it

Post by spark240 »

96 reads & not one idea ? Come On !

spark240

Post by spark240 »

Hi, yes the pc input is a 15 pin D sub, I got the FitPC from Anders electronics, their tech guy says it should work with the HDMI lead, but having tried lots of resolution options it still doesnt fit the screen properly? Also what do you think about the wifi antenna, there is no connection or antenna?

Thanks for your help.

irads

Post by irads »

You should ask Anders for the owner's manual. It is explained there.
You can connect fit-PC2 to your TV with an HDMI cable. The problem is that the suggested mode is not supported by your TV.
Press F8 on power up and in Windows boot menu select VGA mode.
After Windows boots select the mode manually.

Your model is without WiFi - so there is no antenna.

spark240

Post by spark240 »

Hi irads, thank you for the information, I was hoping you would pick up this question ! I will certainly go back to Anders, there was no manual and the Fit PC 2 Turbo with XP looks to me like it should have the wifi according to thier website ?

many thanks again.

irads

Post by irads »

The units we supplied to Anders so far are without WiFi.

spark240

Post by spark240 »

Thanks irads, boote it up as you suggested and selected "enable VGA" which did solve the problom of no picture, but now its only about 300mm square on a 42" TV, if I change the bit rate to anything over 8 bit, it goes too big for the screen or goes off completely? CONFUSED !
( apologies for my lack of pc knowledge)

Tim.

ekips

Post by ekips »

Under windows 7 i had an issue using hdmi to a tv, the intel graphics driver seems to default to dual monitors, this in turn greatly reduces the range of resolutions supported and the highest would not display a picture on my tv.
If you change the display option to digital display in the intel control panel, it should then detect all the resolutions for your tv and you can set one more appropriate.

This might be the case for the XP driver too.

spark240

Post by spark240 »

Doesnt seem to be an option in xp to change the display to digital?

irads

Post by irads »

Display drivers in XP and Win7 are different. The XP driver is set as DVI only by default.

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”