FitPC2i - Loose contact / connection with the display, RMA

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
Guggenmusiker

FitPC2i - Loose contact / connection with the display, RMA

Post by Guggenmusiker »

Hi

Some weeks ago I bought a diskless FitPC2i with 2Ghz and 2GB RAM (S/N is 110620-345 if I am not wrong). Because I was away, I started to install it on July 30th. I used a Samsung Spinpoint M8 with 1TB and Windows 7 Professional (32Bit). Everything worked fine until yesterday. At least I thought everything worked fine. Most of the time I was using RealVNC to connect to the FitPC2i. Therefore I'm not sure if the problem is really new or if it is there from the beginning.

Since yesterday I don't have any image on my display most of the time. First I thought the display is damaged, but it must be the FitPC2i. I checked it with an identical display. I didn't get any BIOS bootup screen nor anything other on the display. I took the FitPC2i in my hands and the image was back. After some time it was gone again. Therefore I took it back in my both hands. If I'm doing some slight pressure with my hands the image comes back again. Therefore I'm assuming the FitPC2i has a loose contact / connection somewhere on the mainboard. By the way. If I'm doing a cold start the image is often there, but after some time it is gone as described above.

To be honest, I was really angry about it and thought about throwing it out of the window, because I have to sent it back to now. Is it possible to sent it back to the only reseller here in Switzerland?

Thanks,
Marc

irads

Re: FitPC2i - Loose contact / connection with the display, R

Post by irads »

The symptoms you describe may indicate an issue with a solder joint. Before RMA I suggest you double check that the problem is not in the HDMI cable.

RMA procedure should be with the entity from which you purchased - if ordered direct please email rma@fit-pc.com

Best regards,

Guggenmusiker

Post by Guggenmusiker »

I'm using the delivered HDMI to DVI Adapter. I will tried it with another HDMI to DVI Adapter and / or with another display just using HDMI...

Guggenmusiker

Post by Guggenmusiker »

I bought an HDMI to DVI Adapter cable. The device is up an running again now. I will observe it for some days. I love your small adapter. Didn't find such an small adapter in the town. Just a 2m HDMI to DVI cable. If it is really the adapter I guess it does costs too much for just exchanging the adapter. What do you think?

irads

Post by irads »

If you conclude that the problem is indeed with the HDMI to DVI adapter please email sales@fit-pc.com and we will just ship you a new one.

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”