Ethernet port issue

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
Hogan1

Ethernet port issue

Post by Hogan1 »

Hi All,

I have a fit pc2 which has dual ethernet ports. One of the ethernet ports comes on the goes off and continues to do this. The other ethernet port seems to work fine. I did try removing the hardware device and deleting the old driver and updating it with the latest one available on the website but this made no difference. I have also replaced the patch lead with a known good working one.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Alan

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Ethernet port issue

Post by gabrielh »

What OS are you using?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

I have this same issue. Eth2 shows up after loading the driver, but not Eth1. The OS is Windows XP Pro.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

matt

Post by matt »

See this thread: http://www.fit-pc.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 86cf121fc1.

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same thing you are experiencing, but a few of us have had problems getting both ethernet ports to work.

I got the Fit-PC2i back in 2010 to use as a firewall because of its dual ethernet ports, but gave up trying to get both ports to work. I ended up hanging a cheap USB ethernet adapter off the back of the unit, and it has been going OK for the last two years. Still, I cannot recommend a Fit PC if you want dual ethernet ports.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

matt wrote:See this thread: http://www.fit-pc.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... fdba5feac4.

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same thing you are experiencing, but a few of us have had problems getting both ethernet ports to work.

I got the Fit-PC2i back in 2010 to use as a firewall because of its dual ethernet ports, but gave up trying to get both ports to work. I ended up hanging a cheap USB ethernet adapter off the back of the unit, and it has been going OK for the last two years. Still, I cannot recommend a Fit PC if you want dual ethernet ports.
Sorry to hear about bad experience with a Fit-PC2i. We haven't confirmed an ethernet port failure on Fit-PC2i on tested units yet. If there is a hardware problem, we are offering our valued customer an RMA service.
We are doing our best to deliver our customers the most reliable products, but even so, sometime there is a things that beyond of our control.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”