fit-pc2 won't boot; OS not found

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
koodawg

fit-pc2 won't boot; OS not found

Post by koodawg »

I recently bought a couple of used fit-pc2s off of Amazon resellers. 1st one I got up and running with FC17 no problem. 2nd unit I'm having trouble. It seems to be very particular about boot devices. I am unable to get it to boot from any of the 3 or 4 brands of USB sticks which I have (trying to load FC17 from usb). But I was able to get FC17 loaded by booting from a usb dvd drive. However after installation it won't boot from the SDD (which is not stock btw). In each case it just stops with "Operating System not found". Obviously I am correctly adjusting the boot drive sequence in the BIOS setup. Interestingly it does recognize my usb sticks in the BIOS boot sequence page, but won't boot from them. And the bios does recognize my 32g sdd drive, but just won't boot from it.

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Update: just figured out that this is a rev 1.2 unit. Made more attempts at booting from usb stick, it won't boot from any of 5 brands of usb sticks that I've tried. I was going to flash the rom, but since it won't boot from a usb stick, I can't even do that. (FYI I'm trying to boot with usb sticks that are successfully booting from my rev 1.2 fitpc2, so I know my usb sticks are good and functioning and loaded properly). Seems that this 1.2 unit is flaky. I'm trying to return it to the seller for refund.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: fit-pc2 won't boot; OS not found

Post by gabrielh »

From your post, it's seems more likely like a hardware problem. Try to check with your reseller for RMA option
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”