Using fit PC2 for solar system monitoring

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
Rover

Using fit PC2 for solar system monitoring

Post by Rover »

My goal is to use a windows or linux based system to monitor the power production of a solar system. I am currently doing it now with some microcontrollers , however I have exhausted their capability.

My plan is to get a unit , attach a usb multichannel ADC , that will read what I need. The data will be stored in a database and FTP some of it to a site.

I'd prefer to work on a windows platform. I am a programmer by trade.

What can I expect my max watt usage to be? (figuring and SSD) I know this is a loaded question with a lot of variables... ballpark is fine

Also I would like to power this from the 12V battery bank, which can go as high as 16-17V when equalizing. So I'm a little worried about over voltage input... should I be worried?

If this is not a suitable use for the product, then please suggest another that may do what I need.

Thanks,

Rover

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Using fit PC2 for solar system monitoring

Post by gabrielh »

I think FitPC2 will be a perfect solution for such application. Windows XP/7 and Linux Mint are officially supported by a FitPC2.

The ambient power consumption of the FitPC2 is 6W when system is idle, and 8W at the full CPU load. Please refer to http://www.fit-pc.com/web/fit-pc/fit-pc ... fications/ for additional info. You should add the peripherals (HDD/SSD, the DAQ and other USB connected devices) power consumption to get the total value.

A FitPC2 can tolerate up to 15V voltage, so you should apply a voltage regulator to the battery it exceeds that value.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”