Windows sound driver causes file corruption

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
vtailor

Windows sound driver causes file corruption

Post by vtailor »

The sound driver available from the fit-pc2 Downloads section causes file corruption that the chkdisk program is not able to fix. I have had reason to install and uninstall the Realtek sound driver, and it causes this file corruption maybe half to two thirds of the Time. That deters me from buying any more products that have both analog sound and SPDIF sound outputs, and makes me wonder if the z550 with only analog sound would be useable under Windows 7.

Which is really too bad. Because the gma500 is better in terms of 3dgfx and built-in motion compensation that works both in Windows and Linux than any of the succeeding embedded video chips from Intel that I have been able to test.

Free advice: Redesign the fit-pc2 using the z550 cpu with analog sound output that is really SPDIF with a built-in converter so as to avoid the Realtek sound driver entirely. Sell out the remaining models. The z550 is a winner as a home-entertainment/desktop, and you have the corner on the market. Until then.

vtailor

Re: Windows sound driver causes file corruption

Post by vtailor »

Interesting thing that installing the very same driver under Windows 8 in Windows 7 mode does not cause file corruption, and the same patch.exe program runs.

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”