Wifi and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx

WLAN adapter and miniPCI-express slot
sdemills

Wifi and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx

Post by sdemills »

After attempting to set up my Linux FIT-PC2 for dual boot to XP, I ended up having to completely re-install Linux. Since it does not come with an image I simply downloaded the latest Ubuntu image and installed that one.

Although WIN XP works both wired and wireless, Ubuntu only recognises the wired connection. Although I can configure the details of my wireless LAN, Ubuntu does not connect to it or show it on the list of available network connections.

I'm guessing I need to locate, download and install suitable wireless drivers for my version of Ubuntu but so far I have not found anywhere to download them from.

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards
Steve

fly

Re: Wifi and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx

Post by fly »

The driver shipped with lucid detects the wifi card but is in fact not suited for it. Please try using this driver:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:markus-tisoft/rt3090 && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rt3090-dkms
There is a whole thread about installing lucid on fitPC2 and fitPC2i in the linux board: http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1819

sdemills

Re: Wifi and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx

Post by sdemills »

Thanks for your help, the code, and the link.

I have applied the fix mentioned and can confirm that it works. Thanks again.

The thread link has lots of good information. For now though, since my fitPC2 appears to be stable and doing what I need it to do, I shan't apply the other fixes in case something gets broken, but I've stored the link to return to if I have problems.

Kind Regards
Steve

Return to “WLAN and miniPCI-e”