WLAN and miniSD socket

WLAN adapter and miniPCI-express slot
tsp

Re: WLAN and miniSD socket

Post by tsp »

irads:Accessing the miniPCI Express slot involves factory disassembly and is not covered by warranty.
So you will have to remove a couple of screws to dismount the mainboard or is it more difficult than that?

best regards,
Tonny

irads

Post by irads »

I do not want to give the wrong impression that we support, encourage or warrant taking apart fit-PC2, so I will not discuss the required steps here.

One thing that you may find if ordering fit-PC2 with no WiFi is that it does not have the miniPCIe socket.

Abusimbal

Post by Abusimbal »

To go a little off topic here.

Can I purchase a diskless system and install a HDD drive myself or is the waranty voided by that also ?

irads

Post by irads »

Adding/replacing a hard disk is supported and covered by warranty.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Is it possible to boot fit-PC2 from SD ?

irads

Post by irads »

No. Booting from SD is not supported in BIOS.

belcat

Post by belcat »

yogev_ezra wrote:I wonder if Mini-PCI-Express slot can be used to install BlueTooth adapters for those who want internal BlueTooth adapter and don't want Wi-Fi functionality.
It's not worth the risk. Just use a USB Bluetooth adapter... dealextreme.com has some for $4 (four american dollars, not a typo, with shipping included).

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

belcat wrote:
yogev_ezra wrote:I wonder if Mini-PCI-Express slot can be used to install BlueTooth adapters for those who want internal BlueTooth adapter and don't want Wi-Fi functionality.
It's not worth the risk. Just use a USB Bluetooth adapter... dealextreme.com has some for $4 (four american dollars, not a typo, with shipping included).
There is a concern for public places, where it's needed that everything would be internal, to protect from misuse and vandalism as much as possible. 4$ is perfect for home usage if you spend them once, but not so good for internet cafe if you need to buy a new 4$ bluetooth dongle every week.

digitalirony

Post by digitalirony »

@yogev_ezra:

You can do what I did and use superglue and a tiny USB Bluetooth adaptor (e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0380015241)

vitalidon

Post by vitalidon »

Is it possible to use a miniSD wifi card such as Spectec SDW822 MiniSD WiFi 802.11b? Thank you.

Return to “WLAN and miniPCI-e”