Fit-PCs LAN failure

WLAN adapter and miniPCI-express slot
Ryelands

Fit-PCs LAN failure

Post by Ryelands »

I've been using a Fit-PC2 as a high-end music player for some years now. I've found nothing to touch it but the LAN card seems to have died. Can I obtain a replacement card and, if so, how? If not, can I use more or less any mini-PCIe LAN card? The device runs on WinXP without an internet link.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

mbirger

Re: Fit-PCs LAN failure

Post by mbirger »

First, please note that fit-PC2 and fit-PC2i features different Wireless modules:
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/spec ... 1600-D2G-W

Please indicate specifically what product do you have and its PN.

fit-PC2 mini PCIe slot features USB interface only (no PCIe), so any mini PCIe Wifi module with USB interface should work. You can also purchase one from us, and install it by yourself.

Ryelands

Post by Ryelands »

Many thanks for a helpful response.

The device is definitely a Fit-PC2, not a Fit-PC2i. Not sure where to find the PN but a label on the bottom reads "Fit-PC2 - C1600-H-W-L - 090909-122".

I don't need WiFi for this application, just 100baseT. Though the Realtek driver installs correctly (and has in any case been working fine for years), there's now nothing to see under the control panel's "Network Connections". Hence my assuming it was the PCIe card . . .

Thanks again.

Dave

Ryelands

Post by Ryelands »

Not sure what I did but all is now working fine. I suspect "Operator Error" - harder to admit to but cheaper to fix.

Again, thanks.

Dave

Return to “WLAN and miniPCI-e”