View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 USB +5V outoput 

Post USB +5V outoput
Hi,

USB mouse lights even while power is off.
Maybe +5V of is ON always.
Usualy, it must be OFF while power is OFF.
Is it possible to change?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:46 pm

Post Re: USB +5V outoput
Usually this option is available in the BIOS configuration, but I just look and this option is not available.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:59 pm
Site Admin

Edit: USB 5V is present at standby (S3). We will soon release a patch for Windows to allow wake-up from USB.

-------------------------

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:47 pm

irads wrote:
USB is not powered when fit-PC2 is in standby.

You might want to double check that irads, I got a USB powered fan ( I don't like how hot the fit-pc got) and it still operates when the device is powered off.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Xtrmrider wrote:
Usually this option is available in the BIOS configuration, but I just look and this option is not available.

I ordered mine with the understanding that USB was NOT powered when off, as I have USB drives on these ports. Now I am stuck with hard drives spinning when the FitPC2 is powered down. :(
Is it possible to get the option added to BIOS to disable power to USB ports when the FitPC2 is shutdown? If it's in BIOS at least it's a user option.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:35 am
Site Admin

The USB 5V cannot be disabled when power is off. You may be able to spin-down the disks before shutdown.

-------------------------

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:57 am

irads wrote:
Edit: USB 5V is present at standby (S3). We will soon release a patch for Windows to allow wake-up from USB.

First, does this mean I can resume from suspend using a USB device and if so did this ever happen? I have tried the WakeUp app but I dont want it to resume at a specific time, I want to be able to wake it up with a ACPI pulse through a USB port. I.E. IR receiver or in my case a Carnetix P2140. OPr is there any way to take a non auto power on (even though that is what I ordered but didnt get) to power on when power is resumed, for example solder a resister to the power button or something? I know that voids the warranty but unless I can exchange it for one with auto power on after 3 months of having the unit this is my only option.

Thanks,
Dave

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]