Overclocking results with the 23 Dec bios

per

Overclocking results with the 23 Dec bios

Post by per »

The overclocking seems to work fine using the new bios setting under "extra" and here it how my fit-PC2 1.6Ghz reports.

100% = 1.6Ghz
108% = 1.73Ghz
112.5% = 1.8GHz

Windows Experience Index:

GHz____(1.6)__(1.73)__(1.8)
CPU........(2.2)....(2.4)....(2.5)
RAM........(4.3)....(4.4)....(4.5)
Aero.......(4.3)....(4.5)....(4.6)
Gaming...(2.3)....(2.4)....(2.4)
HD..........(5.9)....(5.9)....(5.9)

I haven't been running any overclocking for longer periods but have it set to 108% and will run it like that for a week or so.

Flying-Dutchman

Re: Overclocking results with the 23 Dec bios

Post by Flying-Dutchman »

Well, when the FSB clock is synced with the other components on the US15W chip you should not only run Prime95 to test the stability of the CPU, but also test all the other component as ram (Memtest 86+), graphics (with gma500 driver the DirectX 9.0b (shader 2.0) rthdribl_1_2 GPU demo, aquamark or 3dmark 05) and the Ethernet, usb and other ports transfer quality.

This indeed is very time consuming, but that is why overclocking is a craft on itself.

Temp's above 55 degrees Celsius can shorten the lifespan of the components significantly, so use a tool to monitor the temp under stress and cool effectively!

I also saw a post which seems to state that it can damage your ethernet connection permanently if you change the clock.

If you like to express your improvement of speed, run Cinebench R10 and state the before and after scores! Windows Experience Index does not say anything significant about the actual performance...

Irads, do you know if and to what components the FSB speed is synced on the US15W?

irads

Post by irads »

Memory and PCIe are synchronized to FSB.

vector4

Post by vector4 »

Question for you guys. When overclocking does it show your processor speed as higher under Windows 7?

I set my bios to run 108% but my cpu is still listed as 1.6ghz and running at 1.6ghz. However, I ran a windows experience index and it improved from my previous scores.

irads

Post by irads »

Check with CPU-Z. It should show the correct frequency.

errolt

Post by errolt »

Flying-Dutchman, does your ethernet port still work when overclocked to 112%?

My fit-pc is stable upto 112% but the ethernet dies at 108%...

Thanks,
Errol

Return to “fit-PC2 BIOS”