View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 CMOS battery replacement - which battery to buy ? 

Post CMOS battery replacement - which battery to buy ?
Hi,

I have a fit-PC2i which runs just fine. However, BIOS settings are now lost on each reboot which makes reboots a particular pain since Ubuntu 10.04's fsck complains about disk dates being "in the future". (*)

The CMOS battery must be dead. I have been able to learn that the CMOS battery is soldered on to the motherboard but I haven't been able to find any information about what type of battery it is, other than "The SBC-FitPC2 implements backup power for RTC and CMOS settings. There is an on-board rechargeable Li-AL battery, 18mAh." But what physical size and voltage is it ?

I don't mind changing the battery myself, since I am proficient with a soldering iron. But I don't want to shut down the server and open the case more than necessary. If I could purchase a battery replacement before I start repairs I would only have to shut down the server and open the case once.

Kind regards
-- Jan Holst Jensen

(*) OK, I could disable the file system checks, but my BIOS settings will still be lost.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:31 am
Site Admin

Post Re: CMOS battery replacement - which battery to buy ?
There is a maxell battery PN ML1220H-T9. Please do it only on your risk, without any warranty from Compulab

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Post Re: CMOS battery replacement - which battery to buy ?
Dear Gabriel,

Thank you very much for the information. Yes, I am aware that it voids my warranty and I accept that - the PC just passed its two-year birthday the other day anyway.

Kind regards
-- Jan Holst Jensen

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]