Wake on Lan for Fitpc2 or Fitpc2i

halli87

Wake on Lan for Fitpc2 or Fitpc2i

Post by halli87 »

I recently undertook the task of putting a car computer in my 2005 Subaru legacy. Long story short I managed to get everything working properly for a daily driver. My only issue that I ran into was keeping the computer on all the time. I purchased the Fitpc2 and 6 months later realized it was the wrong model and does not support WOL. So my question is, is it worth buying the fitpc2i and using that WOL ability with an Xobyte power supply? I have read forums that this sometimes works and sometimes does not and I wanted to be 100% sure that it would before I took on the task of buying the other model. I am doing this because over time my battery started to lose performance to the point of where it would barely start (This is all with a Yellowtop D35 deep cycle battery) and I do not want to scrap the whole project rather to find a better solution for the power issue. Any and all help would be much appreciated, Thank you!

Running windows XP with Centrafuse
Fitpc is directly hooked up to battery
Touchscreen is hooked up to cigarette lighter

-Michael

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Wake on Lan for Fitpc2 or Fitpc2i

Post by gabrielh »

Hello Michael

I am not pretty sure what do you mean. Fit-PC2i has a WoL feature, but it is OS depended, so, there can be sometimes glitches, when an OS hangs, or unable to recover from some state because of the software issues.

I hope that is the answer you were looked for
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

ralph125

Wake on Lan for Fitpc2i

Post by ralph125 »

Hello,
last week I also got my new Fit PC2i to exchange my Fit PC2, because of the WOL Funktion. I run Windows XP SP3 German on it. When I send it to Standby, it can only be reactivated through the power knop, but not through the LAN. How didi you manage to use WOLK? I reconised, that the lamp at the network is not blinking when in Standby. My byos is the one from September 2010.
I hope someboddy can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Have you enabled the wake support for NIC from the Windows device manager?
Gabriel Heifets

ralph125

Wake on Lan for Fitpc2i

Post by ralph125 »

Hi Gabriel,
yes I set it for all interfaces on to wake on Lan. Anything else I can check?

Ralph

ralph125

Wake on Lan Fitpc2i

Post by ralph125 »

Does the LED at the network connector has to blink from time to time when WOL is active and the Computer is in S3 mode or does it has to be of all the time? :?:

Ralph

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please give me the serial number of your FitPC2i
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “fit-PC2 BIOS”