Diskless Fit-pc2 and Accelerated videos?

Is fit-PC2 good for my intended application?
jeremys

Diskless Fit-pc2 and Accelerated videos?

Post by jeremys »

Hi there.
This issue may have been addressed several times, but here goes again:
SetUp - I have Fit-PC2 diskless version (no HDD / XP included).

Done - I have XP3 installed on the system. directX is updated, using Fit's own GMA500 drivers. DivX codec 6.9 is installed. dxdiag has Direct3D other acceleration on.

? Is the accelerated video feature now on? DivX's codec decooder utility does not say anything about hw-acceleration. :?

? What about CoreCodec CoreAVC High Definition H.264 video codec?

There were some talks about that accelerated GFX drivers comes only with Fit-PC HD model?

yogev_ezra

Re: Diskless Fit-pc2 and Accelerated videos?

Post by yogev_ezra »

Windows 7 has its own codecs so you won't need to purchase external codecs. However, Windows XP does not, so external codecs are needed. Compulab has an agreement with Cyberlink that they can sell their codecs with every new PC equipped with WindowsXP, but they are not permitted to sell the codecs separately.

You have the option to buy the entire Cyberlink PowerDVD that has the codecs encorportated in it.

jeremys

Post by jeremys »

So are we now talking about Mpeg2, Mpe4 (AVC) or DivX video acceleration? Isn't the acceleration done by the GMA500 drivers?

Why do we need Power DVD in order to have video acceleration on?

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

The acceleration required to smoothly play HD videos is provided only by external codecs. In case of Windows XP, the best codecs are Cyberlink. Compulab sells those codecs at mere 4$ (very cheap for good codecs I think), but they are only allowed to sell the codecs with Windows XP pre-installed. If you buy the Fit-PC2 without Windows XP, you can buy the entire Cyberlink PowerDVD that also includes those codecs.

jeremys

Post by jeremys »

so If i want to watch DivX movies I need to buy DVD player from CyberLink?
So why does Cyberlink have Intel's GMA500 chip's accelerated DVX drivers?

Will any CyberLink's PowerDVD version do or is there some special one for Fit-PC2 HW?

Return to “Using fit-PC2”