overlay mixer seems broken

Video playback in Windows
itsme

overlay mixer seems broken

Post by itsme »

Hello,

some days ago a bought a fitpc2 to use it as HTPC. Now its here and I upgraded to SSD (Supertalen ultra drive 32GB). After, I installed windows XP SP3, the most recent driver from you webpage and K-Lite codec pack standard (5.1.1). As it is stated on your web page, it should allow hardware accelerated video decoding using DXVA.

But it dose not! Using the gma500 driver i can not playback any video in overlay mixing mode. mpc-ht seems to freeze the system or a system reboot is caused.

one solution:
I disable Overlay mixing (e.g vmr7) - playback seems possible, but i have 5-10 frames.

So please give me some hints how to solve my problem. otherwise i am quit unhappy because your product is not doing what i have accpected from your advertisement. accelerated hardware decoding.

best regards,
itsme

irads

Re: overlay mixer seems broken

Post by irads »

You need DXVA codecs as the ones provided with fit-PC2 XP HD - Cyberlink PowerDVD SE.

itsme

Post by itsme »

Hello,

i installed several codec with DXVA-support, e.g cyberlink 8 and 9, bitcontrol, ArcSoft, Elecatd and some more .. same issue ..

i have sound but no picture wile using the overlay mixer .. when i chose vmr7 or vmr9 i get a very jerky video.

same with windows 7 and gma500

what i have done last night was reinstalling windows XP with IEGD drivers. here i activate the overlay mixer .. and dvxa is working also fine .. but my native display resolution is not supported .. 1680x1050

from what i know, the iegd drivers performance is not so good??

best regards,
itsme

irads

Post by irads »

You can generate IEGD to support this resolution. See http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/IEGD/

itsme

Post by itsme »

Hello,

when i install the default and most recent IEDG driver (10.2.2) i get a black screen right after windows boots. so i will not try do change the modeline to get support for my custom resolution.

i further work with version 10.1 from your website .. my observation:
- overlay works quit well.
- hardware accelerated video via DXVA is possible and allows to decode mpeg2 and AVC (720p) @ less the 15% cpu load

but this driver seems not to be very stable .. i get decoding errors (strange blocky artifacts from adjacent frames in the time domain).

the decoding errors also depends on the video decoder. cyberlinks decoder produces a lot of errors, arcsoft only sometimes .. if i got erros, i have to restart the sytem

to sum it up: working with IEGD is not optimal, wherby i am looking for further information on how to get overlay working with gma500 driver

best regards,
itsme

irads

Post by irads »

The link above is for IEGD 10.2.2 You may want to try it.

Return to “Video playback”