How to install windows NT or win 2000 ?

Windows Vista, Windows 2000, XP Embedded, Windows CE, Windows Server etc.
total-data

How to install windows NT or win 2000 ?

Post by total-data »

Hi all,
I simply loves the fit-pc2, but I got a big problem that i cannot solve, so does any of you clever dudes have some hints for me.

I am trying to install an old Advanced server 2000 on my fit-pc2, and this gives me a lot of headacke.

I can install win XP without any problem, but I cannot upgrade (downgrade) to the server sw (needs fat32 format i guess, but this is not supported in xp).

I have tryed to install win NT4 but it ends up with small dots during installation. (starts ok, but ends up with the dots after 4-5 minutes during installation)

I have tryed win 2000 pro but this ends up with the blue screen of death (guess the pc needs dos or win 98, again the fat32 problem i guess)

Have also tryed win me and win 95 with no luck - cannot install these without dos running

I need the server 2000 due to some old programs that cannot run in newer servers, can anyone help me please....

regards

Re: How to install windows NT or win 2000 ?

Post by 9812713 »

Would run Win2k Server in a VM be considered an option ?

I guess it would depend on if you are need to run Win2k server all the time, or just to run certain programs.

W.

total-data

Post by total-data »

Hi W,
Thank you for the reply. Your suggestion would probably have solved my problem, but I changed my application to fit the modern "times", so it's running fine now under a newer server software.

Have a nice day, and thanks again
regards I

steveh86

Post by steveh86 »

Good Evening,

I tried to install Windows 2000 server SP4 and it installs just fine, I enabled also the network adapters (both of them) but I have an issue with the GMA500 driver (I can operate only on 640x480 resolution).... anyone can help me?
It run always in vga safe mode because with WinXP driver it goes BSOD (and I must restart in Safe mode to return to original driver)

I have to install Win2k because old industrial software.... Thanks!

G.Molinari

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

I am not sure there are suitable display drivers for this OS.

Return to “Other Windows versions”