USB WLAN stick not working...

encompass

USB WLAN stick not working...

Post by encompass »

After doing the steps to get the system working with all the drivers, I noticed that I couldn't connect many of my USB devices.
I wonder if it has to do with the fact of the customized kernel that is installed.
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0ace:1215 ZyDAS WLA-54L WiFi
Is the wi fi card I need to connect and the:
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:0990 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Pro 9000
Is the Camera that I am using.
Is it the Kernel? And if so, can you build the new kernel with these devices in it?

encompass

Re: USB WLAN stick not working...

Post by encompass »

Bump. I now need it for my wireless broadband card too. Any ideas? I have noticed some people can use the modprobe. Would that be the solution here? That they modules are just disabled? Or are they actually not in the kernel?

Denis

Post by Denis »

Please check if these devices working properly on standard Ubuntu installation with generic kernel.
Compulab's Linux support

encompass

Post by encompass »

They all do. I used them on our prototype machine before purchasing yours. I have used linux exclusively for over 10 years. These products have all been tested to work very well in linux.

Denis

Post by Denis »

Hi,
Regarding ZyDAS - we made kernel update, now it include responsible driver zd1211rw. Please test.

Regarding QuickCam Pro 9000 - I think all relevant drivers present in our kernel, can you send some error logs? Please post results of modprobe uvcvideo and lsmod from generic and fitpc2 linux.
Compulab's Linux support

encompass

Post by encompass »

Thanks for the change and listening. I will double check the camera's tomorrow and see if it has issues.
Best Regards...

encompass

Post by encompass »

It seems the camera does work, and rather well! Thanks even if you didn't do anything, it's nice to know it wasn't cut from the kernel. :oops:
Best Regards,
Jason Brower

Return to “Ubuntu 9.10”