Problem with video driver?

Speedy2k

Problem with video driver?

Post by Speedy2k »

Hi, i have installed a fresh install of Mythbuntu 9.10, after the install, i have done an apt-get upgrade and installed the driver as in the wiki, but as soon as i try to play video, i get a green screen, in mplayer and in mythtv, is there something i'm missing ?? thanx!

Denis

Re: Problem with video driver?

Post by Denis »

Open it with vlc. Mplayer may fail on videos when HW acceleration can not be used.
Compulab's Linux support

Speedy2k

Post by Speedy2k »

No, i have found that the last action you are asking to do in the installation wiki for the 9.10 ubuntu, remove the image or headers of the fitpc2 and after i do that, it doesn't work at all on any video!

Denis

Post by Denis »

Uninstall w32codecs, if installed.
Compulab's Linux support

Speedy2k

Post by Speedy2k »

I have not, but i have found that the problem seems to be the last line of your command:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge linux-generic linux-image-generic linux-headers-generic linux-image-$(uname -r) linux-headers-$(uname -r) && sudo apt-get autoremove
It delete the image or the headers of the FitPC2, i don't know why, i must do this command before doing this one:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.31-34-fitpc2 linux-headers-2.6.31-34-fitpc2 xserver-xorg-video-poulsbo mplayer-vaapi mplayer-skins
I don't know if i do something wrong, but it is working if i do that, it is important to not reboot the PC between this two command, but it is working for me.

Speedy2k

Post by Speedy2k »

Does someone else have problem with the video driver ?? I have installed Mythbuntu 9.10 and when i try to listen to the TV tuner card on my myth server, i only got a green screen ???? Someone else got a similar problem ?

Denis

Post by Denis »

Uninstall mplayer-vaapi, you can install regular mplayer without HW acceleration. There is no problem with video driver, vlc works fine for all videos, without HW acceleration of course. It must be mplayer-vaapi and Mythbuntu compatibility issue.
Compulab's Linux support

Speedy2k

Post by Speedy2k »

I don't use mplayer-vaapi, but when i listen to a video on mythtv that use FFMEPEG i think, onece in a while, i got a green screen when playing the video, i have to completely shut-down the system and boot it back up to make it work again, there must be something with the driver, i have another mythbuntu box with the same upgrade and everything work just fine with a Nvidia card. There is absolutely something with the graphic driver, because is i don't install them, i can't waht any video because of the slow playbak, but no video appear as a green box, never, it only do that after i install the driver with your kernel!

Return to “Ubuntu 9.10”