Still graphic problems

Frank

Still graphic problems

Post by Frank »

Dear experts,

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 from a stick and then followed the installation procedure.
WLAN is working fine and in principle the graphic is also improved. Mouse and window movements are much faster.
But still Firefox is not working. Srcolling does not work fluently and some (background) colours are wrong displayed. Specially this forum is not readable. Most of the text is black and the background tiling does not work.
I installed the system several times according the instructions in this forum, with or without updates, complete Ubuntu updates before or after - but no changes.
What do I wrong?

With Greetings
Frank
(Ubuntu 9.10, BIOS 31/8/09, Firefox 3.5.3/8, SSD)

Denis

Re: Still graphic problems

Post by Denis »

It`s a compatibility problem between fitPC2 graphic drivers and Firefox, I advise you to use Chrome browser for Linux instead, it`s faster and takes less system resources.
https://launchpad.net/~chromium-daily/+archive/ppa
Compulab's Linux support

Frank

Post by Frank »

Problem solved. But...

Chromium I did not try ( don't like google). So I tried Epiphany and Swiftweasel. With both I have the same problems. But then I installed Opera - and it is working. No graphical artifacts and scrolling is quite fluent.

But still, I do not understand why I am the only one who has problems with Ubuntu 9.10 and Firefox...

Frank

Frank

Post by Frank »

OK, just removed FF 3.5 and installed 2.0. That also works.
But I will stay with Opera. It is much faster than FF

Frank

Return to “Ubuntu 9.10”