Slow disk speed

supremebot

Slow disk speed

Post by supremebot »

UPDATE
I have now made vnc connetion to my fit an tryed to kopi files around to se the internel disc speeds, and it has nothing to do with network

copy usb to same usb 8mb/s
copy ssd to same ssd 25mb/s

Please help me!!!
What can be the reason for this, i think that it maybe is running usb 1.0 but how can i see if that is right and how can i change it?

but it still strange that the ssd on can copy with 25mb to it self, i dont have any clue about that.
#################################################

I don't know why, but I have really slow disks speeds over the network (samba, ftp). It's starting ok, around 20 mb/s and then it is slowly going down to under 10mb/s, the strange thing is that its almost the same speeds on all the disks no matter if it's the sata ssd or usb.

I have 3 disks on my fit:
sata solid state 128gb (dev/sda)
usb WD 1tb (dev/sdb)
usb WD 2 TB (dev/sdc)

Im running with the newest fitpc2 kernels and v3 in bios

Code: Select all

Linux kvfit 2.6.31-34-fitpc2 #7 SMP Thu Apr 22 17:43:26 IDT 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   1090 MB in  2.00 seconds = 545.01 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  208 MB in  3.02 seconds =  68.92 MB/sec

/dev/sdb:
 Timing cached reads:   952 MB in  2.00 seconds = 475.79 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:   86 MB in  3.07 seconds =  28.01 MB/sec

/dev/sdc:
 Timing cached reads:   1080 MB in  2.00 seconds = 540.26 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:   84 MB in  3.03 seconds =  27.74 MB/sec
I dont think it's samba because the same speeds are showing at ftp around 10mb/s or lower.

I dont know how i can see the internal speed copy speed with shh, (im using it as a server no screen connected)

What can be wrong, is not cables the are cat5 and testet, the ssd have run around 120mb/s on windows, the usb have run at 27mb/s on another ubuntu box i had before. It must have something to do with the FIT.

One of the the usb is running ext3 the other ext4 but same speed, so i tested that too.

If u need more info just say so ill post it here.

hope u can help :-)

nobody????

Return to “Ubuntu 9.10”