Windows Installer

islington

Windows Installer

Post by islington »

I am trying to install 2 applications (Nuance v9 and AVG free) on my fit PC2 and both are failing to configure the Windows Installer and the installation fails. I have tried both applications on another laptop with no problem. I have also compared windows services with my functioning laptops and find them compatible. I have now spent 4 days with Dragon (Nuance) level 1 support verifying windows installer characteristics including WSXML4 and other settings. I have not told them the free download of AVG runs into the same problem. Despite this, I have been able to install an old Adobe Photoshop with no problem. Since I bought my fit PC2 specifically for the Dragon software, this is getting very frustrating. Upgrading to Windows 7 without solving this might just add complexity to problem resolution.
Welcome any ideas to solve this.
Peter

irads

Re: Windows Installer

Post by irads »

Installers often generate log files. Check them out. For example, the installer might look for OpenGL which is not supported with the GMA500 driver.

islington

Post by islington »

Thanks Irads, I have passed this to Dragon software as I don't know how to check. But a simple question I'd like to know from your many users, has any of them successfully installed a version of AVG security software on a fit-PC2 under XP?

AoRaToS

Post by AoRaToS »

One user that did, had problems with corrupted downloads, check this thread for more information. I think you should switch to another, I use the new one from Microsoft (Microsoft Security Essentials) on my fit-PC2.

islington

Post by islington »

Thanks AoRaToS but I cannot even load AVG. I don't think the problem is on the download as I cannot load the application (Dragon Nuance 9.0 Preferred) from disks.

Return to “Windows XP”