I bought one and this is my view

PeteWoods

I bought one and this is my view

Post by PeteWoods »

Loaded up Windows XP and installed all of the drivers. Fell for the issue regarding the missing ...
'AVR309: USB to UART protocol converter (simple)' :?
... until I saw other poeples posts and realised it was the IR driver it was complaining about.

Was disappointed that the HDMI interface didn't carry sound to a TV. Big mistake if you wanted a multimendia system. Sound only seams to come out from the 3.5" jacks on the back of the unit. :(

Also I havent managed to get the unit to work with a VGA LCD. No problems with a DVI monitor interface. Tried two or three diffent units and yes I used the display driver from the site but it didn't want to play. :(

Our unit is running some industrial automation software from ABB (Sattline) and is fine so far. Had some issues with a USB to PS2 keyboard & mouse adaptor but the Belkin adaptor i used at a 2nd attemp worked fine as apposed to the Aten unit but I feel that was down to the keyboard and not the Fit-PC2 unit. :D

All in all ... it does the job what I bought it for and it was a test to see if we could use it in other areas. As you can see I still have a few concerns before purchasing any more. :roll:

irads

Re: I bought one and this is my view

Post by irads »

Was disappointed that the HDMI interface didn't carry sound to a TV. Big mistake if you wanted a multimendia system. Sound only seams to come out from the 3.5" jacks on the back of the unit.
That's DVI interface on HDMI connector. There are no plans to support HDMI with audio, mostly due to driver issues with that setup.
Also I havent managed to get the unit to work with a VGA LCD. No problems with a DVI monitor interface. Tried two or three diffent units and yes I used the display driver from the site but it didn't want to play.
A DVI to VGA adapter is in design. Until it is available you can use HDFury.

PeteWoods

Post by PeteWoods »

About the DVI / VGA I understand anout VGA being analogue and DVI being a coded digital signal but I thought that there were multiple types of DVI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

and using DVI-A would allow an analogue connection as in

"As well as digital signals, the DVI connector includes pins providing the same analog signals found on a VGA connector, allowing a VGA monitor to be connected with a simple plug adapter. This feature was included in order to make DVI universal, as it allows either type of monitor (analog or digital) to be operated from the same connector"

irads

Post by irads »

Right, but the connector on fit-PC2 is HDMI that does not have the DVI-A signaling.
On-board, bringing out both requires two separate transcoders. Since fit-PC2 doesn't have space for another connector it makes little sense.

Return to “Windows XP”