Ralink Wireless LAN Card Not exist

dstrzemienski

Ralink Wireless LAN Card Not exist

Post by dstrzemienski »

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Fit-PC2 for testing as a public Internet kiosk in a restaurant (for employee use only) but I'm having trouble with wi-fi.

I loaded up XP SP3, but when I load the wireless driver from Fit-PC site the icon in the systray is blacked out and reads "Ralink Wireless LAN Card Not exist" and I cannot connect via wireless.

I tried Win7 and was able to connect on Wi-Fi, but general operation/navigation through the system was "sluggish & slow" according to the end-users, so I need it to work on XP.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled the "WinXP_WiFi_091118" package with every conceivable combination with no change... am I missing something?

C1100-WR
090714-306

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks,
-Dave

yogev_ezra

Re: Ralink Wireless LAN Card Not exist

Post by yogev_ezra »

dstrzemienski wrote:C1100-WR
WR part number code denotes RealTek WiFi adapter (Drivers are available from Fit-PC2 Wiki).
W part number code denotes RaLink WiFi adapter.
The fact that you are trying to install RaLink drivers for RealTek adapters is of course giving you problems.

dstrzemienski

Post by dstrzemienski »

Indeed! Thank you for clarification.
I had to go into the /old sub-folder to find the driver for the RealTek. Is this the most current driver available?

Thanks for your help on this!

-Dave

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

The chip is RTL8187.
You can try to get more updated drivers from RealTek website, but not really need to do so if your current drivers work good.

Return to “Windows XP”