Wireless Signal Interfering With HDTV Signal

ccwillia

Wireless Signal Interfering With HDTV Signal

Post by ccwillia »

I have my fitPC2 hooked up to a 22" Samsung HDTV which I use both as a TV and as a Media Center. I always leave the fitPC2 running even when I am just using the TV. While watching TV on an HD station I notice something strange. The HD signal would cut out frequently. Initially I thought it was my cable, but then I turned off the fitPC2 and the problem went away. As soon as I turned the fitPC2 back on the problem returned. I have to cables that join the fitPC2 and the TV (DVI and Audio). I tried unplugging them one at a time thinking this interference was traveling down the cable, but even with them both unplugged I was still having issues. I then noticed that each time the network light on the fitPC2 blinked I would loose the HD signal on the TV so I tried removing the antenna. After removing the antenna the ralink utility showed that the network was disconnected and the HD signal problems vanished. I have never heard of a wireless car interfering with an HDTV before. I also wanted to note that the fitPC2 is mounted directly under the TV as I am taking advantage of the IR to control my media center. Any suggests would be appreciated.

Chris

irads

Re: Wireless Signal Interfering With HDTV Signal

Post by irads »

WiFi is interfering by definition. You may try to reduce transmission power by settings. The element most likely to pick-up interference is the HDMI cable. You may try connecting using a shielded HDMI cable.

If interference is found to be in the TV set itself then you would better place the fit-PC2 away from it.

Return to “Windows XP”