Fit-PC2 connected to Local LAN but no internet

americaven

Fit-PC2 connected to Local LAN but no internet

Post by americaven »

Hello,

We are having issues with our Fit-PC2 connecting to the internet with LAN.
Once the Ethernet cable is connected to LAN port on the back of the Fit-PC2, we get a green LED lit and we get an IP address from our network.
Unfortunately, it will not allow us to connect outside our network.

I have tried releasing/renewing/flushdns but it still continues. We ping outside IP addresses but it gives us an error of: "Ping request could not find host google.com. Please check the name and try again." We can ping certain local IP addresses, gateway included but not all local IP's.
We rebooted the system plenty of times with unplugging the power cord, restarting the PC but it still gives us the issue.
Under the LAN setting in Internet Options, we have selected Automatically detect settings, that doesnt do anything either. We have checked the TCP/IP settings and they are normal. Dynamic IP over Static, DNS, Gateway are set correctly.

One thing I found interesting is that when I tried pinging the Fit-PC on another computer from the same network, it wouldnt connect and vise-versa.

When we connect WIFI, there is no problem with connecting to the internet. Its only with LAN connection.

If we are getting an IP address when we connect through via Ethernet in our network, we should be able to have access to the internet, but we dont.

What could be the issue?

irads

Re: Fit-PC2 connected to Local LAN but no internet

Post by irads »

This is unlikely to be a HW issue. Please specify the operating system you are using and whether you installed or bought pre-installed, and follow the discussion on the corresponding sub-forum.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Check your router as well - it might be configured to allow only certain MAC addresses to get outside. This is for example the configuration I have at home: I have a white list of MAC addresses that are allowed to connect to internet, and all others get only local access.

americaven

Post by americaven »

I have Windows XP Home Edition pre-installed on the Fit-PC2.

As far as our routers go, we have not setup any restrictions to allow only certain MAC addresses to connect outside, it allows all connected to it access outside.

irads

Post by irads »

I suggest to break down the problem between getting full functionality on the LAN and having internet access.
- Check that the MAC address on Ethernet looks normal and that you can access another PC shared folders.
- Perform some file transfers over the LAN.

If this works you should concentrate on Windows configuration and network settings.

Return to “Windows XP”