No Standard (no custom software) USB devices work

grnbriar

No Standard (no custom software) USB devices work

Post by grnbriar »

I'm trying to connect USB speaker, microphone, or headset with microphone.
No microphone will function at all. Any speaker or headset only provides popping and crackling sounds when sounds are generated.

Headset yields good sound if Headphone out mini jack is used. But microphone in mini jack does not work. So no sound input is possible at all.

All of these devices do not use custom drivers, but rather standard Windows drivers, which appear to be missing. They all work on other Windows XP Pro and Home machines just by attaching them.

The ONLY USB device that I have been able to get to work with the FitPC 2 is a web cam, after loading its custom driver. This same camera works with no extra driver on other Windows PCs, but only works on FIT after installing their custom software.

Is this a Windows USB audio drivers missing issue or audio hardware issue?
Again without sound input and output, we can not use the Fit for our application. We can not even begin testing.

ender

Re: No Standard (no custom software) USB devices work

Post by ender »

I've had no problems with USB devices on my Fit-PC2 - my mouse, keyboard, sound card, several USB pendrives, smart card token, scanner and webcam all work fine, and most of these don't need special drivers to operate.

irads

Post by irads »

fit-PC2 is shipped with standard WinXP Home SP3 installed.
For your convenience, the installation directory is at C:\WindowsInstallationFiles, so if you miss a standard driver you should be able to install from there.

radioxid

Post by radioxid »

I can't have my USB go at more than USB1...

and I'm not shipping fitpc with XP (I bought diskless)... Where are those USB2 xp/karmic drivers ???

irads

Post by irads »

Check support->download at www.fit-pc.com

Return to “Windows XP”