fit-PC2 goes into standby mode every 45min

smokinro

fit-PC2 goes into standby mode every 45min

Post by smokinro »

Hello

I am currently experiencing a problem where my fit-pc2(XP install) is going into standby mode ever 45 min. I have gone into control panel and power options and for all of the power schemes I have changed all of the options to never. I have also gone into device manager and de-selected allow the computer to turn this device off to save power for the network card and USB hubs.

Interestingly this behaviour occurs when I am browsing the net, watching movies on the pc etc, but not when I am using it to stream music. I am using a wireless\keyboard mouse - is this somehow not keeping the pc 'awake'?

Any ideas how I could fix this? Does it sound like a bios setting? I believe I have the bios release prior to the current one, and have kept all the default settings.

Thanks for your help

Rohan

irads

Re: fit-PC2 goes into standby mode every 45min

Post by irads »

I am not familiar with this behavior. There is no BIOS setting to suspend the system - it is left to the OS.

smokinro

Re: fit-PC2 goes into standby mode every 45min

Post by smokinro »

Thanks for your reply irads - but I have found the problem. The reason why the computer was not going into standby when streaming music was that I found a plugin that I had installed which was checking to see if the software that i was using to stream music (squeezecenter) was idle, and if so putting the system into standby after 45min. I have disable d it now, and the system works like a dream again.

So thanks for your help, it was just a silly mistake on behalf.

Cheers

Rohan

Return to “Windows XP”