my new fit-PC2 XP hangs.

krates

my new fit-PC2 XP hangs.

Post by krates »

Hi there,

I just got my fit-PC2 XP from amazon on mail 2 days ago. I plugged it to my HD TV and it seems to work great. I did the Windows Upgrade too.

However, when I play videos or some flash websites on the IE browser like youtube, pandora..etc. for maybe about 5-10mins, the box will simply hang and never come back. I have to hard reboot it.

No one seems to be complaining about this same problem on this forum. I am disappointed and am hoping that I am missing some thing which caused this to happen.

I am not sure if this information useful, but the new fit-PC2 is connected to an Adesso wireless keyboard w/ trackball as well as my home wifi when this problem repeatedly occurred.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
-Kraets
Last edited by krates on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

krates

Re: my new fit-PC2 XP hangs after installing firefox3.5

Post by krates »

After I uninstalled firefox3.5 from this new fit-PC2, it never hangs again!!

The wierd thing was that firefox3.5 never started successfully anway, and the box hangs when I was running IE with flash website. No idea the reason, but it's not hanging anymore and I'm happy.

Thanks.
-Krates

krates

Re: my new fit-PC2 XP hangs.

Post by krates »

No, I was wrong. It started hanging again tonight. I do understand why. Is there any other users who bought this product are having the same problem?

Would someone in fit-PC2 company tell me if there is anyone experienced the same or similar problem? It's new and it hangs. Please helps.

Thanks.
-Krates

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

It only hangs when you open websites with Flash in browser?
It does not hang when you watch movies in Windows Media Player for example?

krates

Post by krates »

I spent a good amount of time testing it with different scenarios with controlled variables. It has hanged when I run flash website (Pandora, youtube, smart.fm) on IE,. However, it has also run successfully without problem sometimes. It has also hanged when I was running itunes and window media player. But sometimes, it runs fine.

It might just be that this particular piece of hardware is defected. I am going to return it.

Thanks for your help.
-Krates

irads

Post by irads »

There is no known SW problem that results in hang during flash playback.
Hang in multiple applications may indicate memory problems.
You may RMA the unit at rma@fit-pc.com

benjgil

Post by benjgil »

Another thing to check - we had a customer whose XP installation hung the whole time, and they subsequently found out that it was the wireless keyboard they were using that was causing the problem all along.

It could be that the system starts to hang when you start trying to use your wireless keyboard/mouse whilst on IE?

I should point out that we have used a variety of wireless keyboards/mice with our fit2 and there has not been a problem, so presumably it's just one or two types/makes whose drivers cause an issue.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Windows XP”