Other Configuration Versions

The requests in this sub-forum has been addressed with announced or soon-to-be-announced products
Dpunkt

Other Configuration Versions

Post by Dpunkt »

Hi there!

I had seen this PC and thinked "must have", but now i see, that I'm only able to buy this PC with 1,1 Ghz CPU or with WiFi. I don't need wifi, but a faster CPU would be nice....

Why is there only a 160 GB HDD?? Today you can buy 320 GB 2,5 sata hdd's...

Maybe ill by it anyhow....

Greets from Germany

D.

mctom987

Re: Other Configuration Versions

Post by mctom987 »

160GB is the cheapest 2.5" drive still in production.
If you want a 250GB (or even 500GB), you can buy the diskless version and put it in yourself.

RonM

Post by RonM »

Yes, but it would be nice to have the faster processor in the diskless version, to go with the higher-end drive. It's the barrier for me.

R.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Distributors are able to offer any combination of CPU, RAM, WiFi and hard disk. Just contact your local distributor once Fit-PC2 is officially available in May.

RonM

Post by RonM »

I'm not aware of any distributor in Canada, other than buying direct. I'd be interested in a Toronto-area distributor, or one by mail direct in Canada.

R.

RonM

Post by RonM »

Actually, I see that there is now a reseller in Mississauga, outside of Toronto. I'll check with them.

Ron

RonM

Post by RonM »

The Toronto reseller tells me that they will supply various configurations, including a diskless 1.6 with wireless. However, I don't need wireless, don't want to spend the extra $60, and custom configuration is only available in lots of a hundred or more.

I'd like to support the requests a number of others have made for a diskless version with the faster processor. Hard to see why it's not an option. It could be a barrier.

R.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

According to CompuLab, the MSRP for WiFi VS no WiFi version is just 15$ more, so not sure where did you get 60$ from.
http://www.compulab.co.il/fitpc2/html/fitpc2-price.htm

Anyhow, from distributor point of view, if CompuLab requires me to order 100 units and I am going to sell only 1, I probably will not place an order since I have nothing to do with the other 99 units. I guess a group of customers can get organized together, and purchase the desired configuration as a single order.

Liberio

Post by Liberio »

+1 for purchasing the fit-PC2 diskless with Intel Atom Z530 as a single order.

irads

Post by irads »

We will be offering that.

Return to “Addressed requests”