Operating Temperature with SSD

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
dcsmith

Operating Temperature with SSD

Post by dcsmith »

First off - WOW! This is great! I now have two applications that can be met with the Fit-PC2i. However, I noticed that the operating temperature of the PC with an SSD is <up to> 70 deg C. That's 158 deg F! Isn't that a bit on the warm side? I'd hate to have to jury rig a cooling system on such a neat tiny package.

halestorm

Re: Operating Temperature with SSD

Post by halestorm »

dcsmith wrote:First off - WOW! This is great! I now have two applications that can be met with the Fit-PC2i. However, I noticed that the operating temperature of the PC with an SSD is <up to> 70 deg C. That's 158 deg F! Isn't that a bit on the warm side? I'd hate to have to jury rig a cooling system on such a neat tiny package.
Wow is right! :o

I didn't catch that (and I just ordered a FitPC2 + SSD). That is the temperature needed to fry an egg! http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/friedegg.html
Great, now I have to add a fan to my "fanless" computer. :x
Dave
http://evalbum.com/2500
almost no reason to burn gasoline anymore

irads

Post by irads »

fit-PC2 does not generate heat that results in 70C, it can withstand working at temperature of 70C when equipped with SSD rather than HDD.

dcsmith

Post by dcsmith »

:mrgreen:
Thanks for the clarification. I was worried.

Why the difference in heat tolerance between SSD & HDD?

irads

Post by irads »

HDDs are usually rated for only 55 to 60C. Magnetic media is less reliable at high temperatures.

dcsmith

Post by dcsmith »

Makes sense. You might want to clarify the temperature tolerance in your specs. I got confused. Others might as well. :?

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”