Serial port questions

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
AzBrit

Serial port questions

Post by AzBrit »

On the fitPC2i, what type of physical connector is used for the serial port. Does the port support all the normal serial controls ( RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, RI )? Lastly, do you (or anyone else) supply a dongle or cable to convert this to a standard DB9 connector? Thanks!

irads

Re: Serial port questions

Post by irads »

- Full UART including all signals.
- We will provide cable to DB9 male.
- First batch will be released without serial functionality. We will announce when it is available.

RMDFit

Post by RMDFit »

Another question about this serial port.

Will is support full LEGACY uart?

By this I mean, will it have mappings to the old ISA base address's and IRQs
(0x2f8, 0x3f8 and Irq 3,4)

We have put a mpcie-e serial card in our fit-pc2 and I am currently trying to write an RTAI driver for it, but if the pc2i supports this, it might be a be a better option

irads

Post by irads »

Yes, UART is mapped to legacy 0x3F8 port.

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Good morning,

I have some questions around the serial port implementation for my home-automation solution. The serial port requirements from the company are quite specific and I know they assessed the original Fit-PC and it did not meet the requirements for serial port compatability. When asked they stated that the serial port would need to be able to perform the following:

"When communicating via the RS232 interface Cortex communicates directly with the UART. So it is expected that the UART conforms to the same specification as that used on standard PCs, not only the Port memory mapping but also the UART functions and registers which give direct access for example to various signal states and controls"

Will the serial port in the Fit-PC2i meet these requirements?

Many thanks,

Paul

irads

Post by irads »

Yes. fit-PC2i UART is mapped at port 0x3F8 like in a normal PC and is 16650 compatible.

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”