fit-pc2i: no IR?

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
srv1973

fit-pc2i: no IR?

Post by srv1973 »

I just noticed that the specs for the fit-pc2i do not include the built-in IR receiver! Is that true? Why leave that out? It would make an awesome HTPC if it had IR built in, but without it not so much...

irads

Re: fit-pc2i: no IR?

Post by irads »

fit-PC2i is targeted at networking and industrial applications. Serial is preferred in these applications over IR.
For HTPC we recommend the original fit-PC2.

mulb

Post by mulb »

Hello,

for HTPC, the original fit-PC2 miss the SPDIF.

Regards
Mulb

irads

Post by irads »

Yes, we are aware of that...

Flying-Dutchman

Post by Flying-Dutchman »

is there a way to transform the com port on the PC2i to the way the IR of the "PC2 regular" worked?

Like being alble to readout / understand common TV remotes?

irads

Post by irads »

fit-PC2i UART is a standard full-UART. You can check external IR to serial converters. You can probably reach similar results with a USB-IR dongle.

Flying-Dutchman

irads wrote:fit-PC2i UART is a standard full-UART. You can check external IR to serial converters. You can probably reach similar results with a USB-IR dongle.
Yes, but the point of my question was, if then the software/driver responsible for the correct operation of the IR module under the fit PC2 regular is still working on the Fit-PC-2i with an UART to IR module?

irads

Post by irads »

The software has several layers. The correct approach is to decide which SW you would like to run - eg EventGhost, then check what kind of IR devices are known to work with it and choose one that does.

Flying-Dutchman

Okay.

Yes, I meant EventGhost
I guess that means this list: http://www.eventghost.org/docs/supported_receivers.html

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”