Pilot Batch Questions

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
dbucci

Pilot Batch Questions

Post by dbucci »

Hi, I'm really interested in FitPC2i, but I can't wait the exit of official version. I need to try it also in pilot batch version but if it support these feature:

- the WIFI isn't present, but is the wi-fi on a miniPCIe slot? Can I add myself?
- the serial functionality are really off, or just you can't give me the cable? So when the cable is ready I can by separately.
- is the USB manager (hardware) the same of the final release? If I test the pilot batch version with some usb cards and all functions can I expect that will function also with the final release?

Thank you very much, regards.

dbucci

irads

Re: Pilot Batch Questions

Post by irads »

- the WIFI isn't present, but is the wi-fi on a miniPCIe slot? Can I add myself?
- the serial functionality are really off, or just you can't give me the cable? So when the cable is ready I can by separately.
- is the USB manager (hardware) the same of the final release? If I test the pilot batch version with some usb cards and all functions can I expect that will function also with the final release?
- WiFi should be available in February. We only wait to receive a batch of WiFi adapters. WiFi is USB, PCIe is not available in fit-PC2i.
- Serial will not be available until the next revision.
- There will be no change in USB manager between the pilot batch and next revision.

nountevo

Post by nountevo »

irads wrote:... PCIe is not available in fit-PC2i.
I seen on another post that pc2i used PCIe cards for both GBe.
Despite the loss of warranty, is it theorically possible to replace one PCIe with another PCIe card ? (ie: broadcom hd..)

irads

Post by irads »

Let me explain -
The US15W has 2 PCIe lanes.
In fit-PC2 one lane is used for GbE and the other is brought to miniPCIe slot.
In fit-PC2i both lanes are used for the 2 GbE ports, none is left for miniPCIe.

nountevo

Post by nountevo »

Thanks for the clarification.

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”