About wifi, usb, resolution, multi-core & 4GB IDE NAND

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
radioxid

About wifi, usb, resolution, multi-core & 4GB IDE NAND

Post by radioxid »

Hi all, huhu, I'm part of you guys : I've got my fit-pc2! thanks a lot!!

I've got some questions that're troubling me on fit-pc2i :
- Will WiFi not be /n ? ohw!? isn't it network-oriented? I hope 802.n will be supported, unless I'd buy an USB wifi/n stick.
- Will you add some more USB ports than a couple of couple? BTW is there any room on the mainboard? :P
- Definetly, what is the resolution? 1920x1200 or 1920x1080? (Please leave it 1080p capable!) Is the GMA500 still on and outputing HD through HDMI? Will sound be included on the original HDMI port now?

- What about Intel Atom Dual-core but virtually quad-core proc?
That may be interesting in a tablet (this'd mean a more real computer : multi-core rather than 1GHz 1GB RAM mono-core) Please take a look at the AlwaysInnovating's Touch Book http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/
They're providing the ability to put your own hardware and I dream really hard of having fit-pc2i in it. THAT'D BE HUGE. and not too expensive... cheaper than iTampon, thougth
(Why am I wanting to turn fit-pc2i into a tablet rather than fit-pc2? RAM and GHz. Open-pc is quite the same hard, but RAMer... and much much bigger)

- Why inserting 4GB "IDE" NAND? I read you'll forget about this piece but could you explain its interest?

- You said IR (will either be included after pilot batch...) will be USB-driven. Will it take away one port? In my tablet-oriented view, the more USB ports there are, the most of it i can get. (but i'm thinking of getting a dongle, a hub.)

I'm planning to embed fit-pc2i (with more USB ports, wifi/n, 3G, GPS, bluetooth; that's wire matters) in the Touch Book (with "soon" a multitouch screen) and already 10hours-long battery! They're open, aware and waiting for it with grand interest. once again, that'd be huge!

--kthxbye

radioxid

Re: About wifi, usb, resolution, multi-core & 4GB IDE NAND

Post by radioxid »

Hey hey!
About display size, I've just pointed out to myself that 1920x1200 is much bigger than 1920x1080!

http://dummyimage.com/1920x1080
http://dummyimage.com/1920x1200

Thank you about that :p

radioxid

Post by radioxid »

Hey?

Are you planning to put wifi.n in fit-pc2i? or there will only be wifi.g and lower?

Have you talked with Intel about future atom stuff as asked you the hexapod-guy?

regards

irads

Post by irads »

fit-PC2 has 802.11n, but with one antenna.

radioxid

Post by radioxid »

What about fit-pc2i?

radioxid

Post by radioxid »

GREAT, I've made my way around the forum since the first post and here are the most answers I could get about fit-pc2i :

- Wifi : Irads himself said 802.11n (obv. and lower) single antenna. Still a mPCI-E card that provides a/b/g AND bluetooth class I exists...
- 4 USB ports (as said in the specs).
- 1080p capable, thanks to GMA500. Sound still isn't DVI-I cable driven.
- I'm actually "talking with AlwaysInnovating" per se, they're happy and interested. Dual-core Atom needs around 20W : way too greedy!
- 4GB NAND serves as an IDE disk, means no 2.5" SATA hard disk.
- IR'll not be included, either as usual or the USB way. You can always find some Serial (UART) or USB to IR all by yourself...

You have to checkout Pixel Qi's 10.1" touch screen!

One question remains : is an USB dongle very efficient for gps, gyroscope, bt, memory to be USB-driven?

irads

Post by irads »

One correction - IDE has master and slave, so with on-board flash there is still provision for another HDD (through SATA conversion).

USB dongles are as effective as built-in devices. It only depends on the chips used in the dongles.

radioxid

Post by radioxid »

Thanks ALOT !

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”