IR remote controls for fit-PC2

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
afod

IR remote controls for fit-PC2

Post by afod »

I just got two brand-new fit-PC2 with Windows 7 installed and have <30 days to return them to online reseller with no penalty. I have to admit that the price tag of >$500 for each unit is VERY expensive, considering they come WITHOUT remote control, even though the IR port and drivers are in place. So if I don't find a remote that works with fit-PC2 fairly soon, then unfortunately I'm going to get rid of them (well, sad reality...)

My technical IR related questions are:
1) Can I teach one of my Sharp/Sony/Pioneer/etc. TV remotes to control fit-PC2, more specifically, Windows Media Center (WMC)? (Provided, of course, these remotes are programmable.)
2) Can I teach/use one of my HP multimedia notebook's remotes to control fit-PC2?
3) Do I need a specialized WMC remote from M$ to control fit-PC2?
4) If none of the solutions 1/2/3 works, does CompuLab offer their own remote control, like the majority of nettop vendors?

On a related topic, what kind of wireless mouse and keyboard is recommended for use with fit-PC2? Are they going to utilize IR port on fit-PC2 unit or would require their own receiver that connects to USB?

Many thanks in advance, I hope CompuLab will not disappoint their first customers in 2010.

per

Re: IR remote controls for fit-PC2

Post by per »

Hi I just posted a new thread explaining how to use Windows Media Center with EventGhost.

irads

Re: IR remote controls for fit-PC2

Post by irads »

The IR allows programming of Windows and specific applications with EventGhost. The remote itself does not have to be programmable. It is not configured out-of-the-box for specific applications.
Programming is straight-forward with EventGhost documentation.

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”