fit-PC2 rev 1.4

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
gargoyle67

fit-PC2 rev 1.4

Post by gargoyle67 »

Hi Irads,
Can you please tell me if your fit-PC2 are rev 1.4, and if so are they the two models listed as in stock ? Interested in your fit-PC2 Diskless, When it mentions upgradeable to 2gig memory how is this possible ? (on the rev 1.4 models) My understanding is the memory is soldered onto the mob, It also mentions that the CPU is upgradeable to 2ghz on the rev 1.4 mob's.
Many thanks :)

irads

Re: fit-PC2 rev 1.4

Post by irads »

The ordering page http://www.fit-pc.com/web/purchase/order-direct/ now reflects offered models including ones that are out-of-stock.
Revision is also specified.

Memory is not upgradeable - as you noted it is soldered down.
Same applies to CPU frequency.

Flying-Dutchman

Post by Flying-Dutchman »

When i'm looking at the specifications for revision 1.4 i don't see the onboard 4 GB flash nand memory. Will this be in the next revision?

Is it also possible to physically remove the wifi so there can be no wireless acces to the unit?

Since i'm still waiting for the fit-pc2i version with 2 GB ram, 4 gb bootable nand, and no wifi.
2Ghz is no must, just makes it expensive with a rare cpu.
Will this ever be possible?

Thanks

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Fit-PC2i has revisions 1.1 and 1.2, not 1.4.
Fit-PC2 has revisions 1.21 and 1.4

It is possible to physically remove the WiFi both in FitPC2 and in FitPC2i
(but this will void your warranty).

4GB NAND version was discontinued. You can use bootable mini-SD instead.

If you insist on NAND, some distributors have FitPC2i-2GB-Z530 (1.6 GHz) 4GB NAND versions, but they are revision 1.1 (without WOL) and not 1.2. We have 1 in stock if you want.

FitPC2 was never available with 4GB NAND at all.

Flying-Dutchman

sorry, I just copied the thread title since it was in the pc2i topic. Thanks for the answer.

Good to know it is possible to physically remove the wifi! Is it a module that you just disconnect or is it like very difficult so you have to damage the unit? I definitely don't want wifi, so I hope when the supplier in my country gets the 1.2 revision (http://www.fit-pc.net/ but it takes very long...) I can choose no wifi. Otherwise i have to get it out myself...

Ahhh, I found the revisions page. http://www.fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php?t ... _Revisions
Good to know it is now SDHC compatible and bootable. That saves a lot!

fly

Post by fly »

The wifi in fitpc2i is -- imho -- connected to the mini-pci-e slot, but it uses only the usb-line (mini-pci-e has a full mini-pci-e line and an usb2 line)

Flying-Dutchman

So in the Fit-PC2I rev 1.2 there is also a wifi module you can just easily detach?

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Yes.

irads

Post by irads »

Actually WiFi in fit-PC2 is connected to an internal proprietary connector with USB signals and is glued to the motherboard with a tape.
It is easy to remove, but be advised that opening fit-PC2 voids warranty.

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”