Do I have Wake on LAN

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
marto

Do I have Wake on LAN

Post by marto »

Hi,
I have a fit pc2i serial number 100614-043. I'm trying to get WoL working.
Windows 7 is the OS. If I choose sleep from the shutdown menu all the lights go out on the network port (I have tried eth1 and eth2) and the light for the lan port on the router at the other end of the cable goes out as well. I gather the network port remains powered in S3 to permit WoL packets to be received, but it looks to me as though the network card is not powered. I can't get the magic packet to wake the pc.

Do I have a hardware problem. Is the correct behaviour for the lan lights to be off in standby? There doesn't seem to be any BIOS options regarding sleep states.

Thanks,
Martin.

marto

Re: Do I have Wake on LAN

Post by marto »

OK I worked it out. I needed to disable Hybrid Sleep in the power options.

I noticed if the machine was shut down the link light on the router port would stay on indicating the NIC was still powered (though no leds are lit on the fit pc eth port) But if I sent the machine to sleep the link light on the router would go out, suggesting to me that all power to the NIC was shut off - so no chance of WoL. I tried several different drivers for the NIC - currently on the latest ones from Realtek website. Tried lots of different settings in Power Plan and lots of options on the Power Management and Advanced tabs of the NICs property pages. The only thing that has worked for me was to disable hibernation or at least disable hybrid sleep. Maybe there is a magic combination of settings that allows the NIC to remain powered when entering hybrid sleep - I'd like to hear if anyone has achieved that.
Cheers.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please go to the Device Settings\Network Adapter
Right click the corresponding network controller, and in the popup menu choose properties.
Open the Power Management tab and check all the check boxes.

Please try to WOL now.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

marto

Post by marto »

Thanks for the reply. I have checked all three boxes and WoL works, but only if hybrid sleep or hibernation is disabled.
Regards,
Martin

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

WoL will not work while the FitPC2 is hibernated
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”