Wake-on-LAN?

monnier

Wake-on-LAN?

Post by monnier »

IIUC, the current Fit-PC2 doesn't support wake-on-lan.
Does the fit-pc2i support it, or will some future fit-pc2 support it?
I think that for fit-pc2i, wake-on-lan would make a lot of sense.
For fit-pc2, maybe wake-on-IR would make even more sense.

irads

Re: Wake-on-LAN?

Post by irads »

There is intention to support WoL in fit-PC2i. Currenly we cannot confirm that it works.

derek

Post by derek »

When I power off my fit-PC2i the ethernet interface appears to remain powered. Is that correct? Is that in order to support WOL? If so, is there any way of disabling it? (I don't need WOL right now, so it's "fitter" not to power the ethernet interface.)

I'm pretty sure I've seen (general) PCs where WOL could be disabled in BIOS. Never checked whether it makes any difference to powering though.

derek

Post by derek »

I don't think that page answers my question.

Let me ask it another way ... is the only way to cut power to the ethernet port of the fit-PC2i to disconnect the fit-PC2i from the mains power?

Right now the behaviour is that if I power down the fit-PC2i by pressing the button on the front, I can see from the switch to which the fit-PC2i is connected that the fit-PC2i is still giving a "link". I'm pretty sure that that is not the behaviour that I would get with a regular PC.

(Curiously, the switch, which is a gigabit ethernet switch, reports the link speed as not gigabit i.e. presumably 10 or 100 Mbit/sec - whereas when the fit-PC2i is powered on, the link speed is gigabit, as you would expect.)

irads

Post by irads »

You can probably turn-off the Ethernet in SW, but the controller is powered in off state.

Return to “Ethernet”