Graphics Driver Issues with Win 7

ugdstudios

Graphics Driver Issues with Win 7

Post by ugdstudios »

Hi all,

Just got my new fit-PC2 with no disk. Installed a new HDD and Win7 Ultimate. I first updated the Chipset Driver from the fit-PC site and then updated the Graphics Driver with the GMA 500 Driver from the fit-PC site. After finishing installation and rebooting, the computer now shows the DISPLAY to be "1|2. Multiple Monitors". It provides no other options. I am only given resolutions from 800x600 to 1024x768. If I go into the Intel Graphics Settings interface (as opposed to the Windows Control Panel interface), under Display Devices it shows "MID" and "Digital Display". Neither is selected by default. By default, it has selected "Intel Dual Display Clone" with "Digital Display" as Primary Device. This interface only gives me 640x480 to 1024x768 @ 32bit under the "Digital Display" and NO OPTIONS under the "MID". If I change any of the settings in the Display Devices tab (ie.: select "Single Display" with EITHER "MID" or "Digital Display"), I lose all video signal and have to reboot into Safe Mode and revert the settings..... Does this sound familiar to anyone?? Any suggestions?? I have attempted 2 re-installs of the driver. I have downloaded the driver directly off the Intel site. I have even tried 2 complete re-installs of the OS. Still receiving the same results.

System Setup
fit-PC2...Intel Atom Z550 2GHz / 2GB DDR2-533
Seagate 500GB SATA2 HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate
Samsung LN19A330J1D 19" LCD TV (Using HDMI Interface w/ HDMI Cable)
Supported Resolutions (from Samsung Website)
640 x 480
800 x 600
1024 x 768
1280 x 1024
1360 x 768
1440 x 900
(All of which are standard and should be supported by the Graphics Driver)

irads

Re: Graphics Driver Issues with Win 7

Post by irads »

Intel driver assumes LVDS (laptop display)and SDVO interfaces in parallel.
In "Screen Resolution" dialog / "Multiple displays" select "show desktop only on (your display)" and all the display resolutions should appear.

Return to “Windows 7 display driver”