No audio after loading Win XP

gunjar

No audio after loading Win XP

Post by gunjar »

Hi,

Since recently loading Win XP Pro SP3 2011 on my fitPC2i I have no Audio,

I downloaded the Realtek Drivers from your site but when I try to install them I get an error message:-

' _ExitError: Error The System does not support the driver you are attempting to install'

My unit is a fit-PC2i :- D2G-C2000-H, W-X7, 101111-1009, X16-96119

Could someone suggest where to go to from here?

Gunjar

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: No audio after loading Win XP

Post by gabrielh »

Hi

Do you have this problem with other XP versions? Are you using an official XP release or a custom build?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

gunjar

Post by gunjar »

Hi Gabrielh thanks for getting back to me,

I haven't got any other versions of XP to try.

I guess its not an basic 'official' version; on the packet its called:

Windows XP
Black Edition 2011
Service pack 3
with all updates to Feb 2011

I've trawled thru this forum and tried everything that seemed possibly appropriate and looked thru other online forums all to no avail.

everything else is working beautifully,
so much better and faster than Win 7.

I hope you have a suggestion to make otherwise I'll be stuck I need the Audio to be working.

Regards
Gunjar

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hello Gunjar

I am sorry, but this is a custom Windows XP build, so I have no idea about the nature of this build, so I can not give you a solution. Maybe other users that have an experience with this build will share help
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

gunjar

Post by gunjar »

Hi Gabrielh,

What to do,
I guess I will try and backtrack to the developer. Might be quite a journey, but maybe worth it as in every other way its a beautiful version of XP, softer and far more user friendly than Bill Gates' original.

Or as you suggest I might chance on some other user who is more Driver literate than I.

Thanks anyway
Regards
Gunjar

vtailor

Post by vtailor »

Under better late than never, I have been playing with Windows XP on the fit-pc2i with the z510. I discovered that I can get the standard realtek driver to play by unplugging the speaker plug and plugging it in again. What happens is that you get a dialog box saying that an event was detected, and select what was plugged in. If you select "headphones", the "audio/io" shows a pair of headphones on top of the monitor, and sound comes out the rear jack to your computer speakers. You have to go the mixer to adjust the speaker volume initially. But then the "3d audio demo" works correctly.

gunjar

Post by gunjar »

Goodness me after 2 years I had given up on that one.

Having never managed to track down the developer there seemed nowhere else to go with it.
But now I'll reload that XP version and try your suggestion . . . & see if it works for me to

Thanks very much
gunjar

Return to “Audio in XP”