No analog audio on brand new FitPC2

nez

No analog audio on brand new FitPC2

Post by nez »

I just purchased a brand new fitPC2 (picked it up on Sunday, Nov 21). I purchased the fitPC2 D2G-C2000-H-W without an OS.
I procured Win7 Ultimate and installed it today without a hitch, afterward installing all the Win7 drivers from the fitPC site.
The only problem so far is the Audio.
I am trying to connect analog devices (earphones, an analog amplifier) but could not get an audio signal out.
Tried everything posted in this forum, including the installation of the audio patch mentioned by Leonid (but not the BIOS downgrade mentioned by r5a) but still no Audio.
Any further ideas before I bring the unit back?
Thanks

irads

Re: No analog audio on brand new FitPC2

Post by irads »

Audio is tested on each unit before shipment, so a HW problem is less likely than a driver problem.

nez

Post by nez »

Hello Irad,
I would tend to agree except that since posting the initial message I learned new things
1) Updating to the last version of the Realtek drivers (2.54) doen't help.
2) After uninstalling the Realtek drivers (which the Realteck installation program does before installing the latest version) and rebooting as requested, Win 7 installed its generic drivers, but still no audio. Windows troubleshooter diagnoses the problem as "no speakers are connected" (or something to the same effect - don't recall the exact wording) even though the earphones (Bose QC3 earphones that worked perfectly well on another computer) were connected to the socket marked with the earphones symbol.
3) When the audio system is configured for auto-detection and I plug a 3.5mm plug into the Mic or Line in socket, a notice pops up saying that a device was connected. A similar notice pops up when I disconnect the plugs. Howeven, I never received any such notification when I plugged the plug into the middle socket with the earphones symbol.
I am therfore inclined to conlcude that their is a hardware problem, probably with the earphone socket.
Any ideas?

irads

Post by irads »

I am not sure about the defaults in Windows 7, but in Windows XP the default I/O routing in the codec was not compatible with fit-PC2. If the Realtek driver allows you may try changing it manually.

You tests indicate that the codec is functioning but it may be that the jack itself is damaged.

nez

Post by nez »

The unit was returned for repair and the problem was resolved satisfactorily.
Many thanks to CompuLab personal for the excellent service.

afelt

Post by afelt »

I have got exactly the same effect.
I had a functionning install on fit pc2 1,6 GHz.
Now I tried to move to a a 2GHz model. Everything worked fine, but not the analog sound. How should I proceed now?

irads

Post by irads »

Please email rma@fit-pc.com

Return to “Audio in Win7”