Windows 7 Audio Problem

Jack

Windows 7 Audio Problem

Post by Jack »

I purchased a new diskless Fit-PC2 (R1.4) directly from CompuLab and received it a little over a week ago. I installed a new solid state drive and while I was waiting for Windows 7 to arrive from Amazon I installed Windows XP. The audio worked correctly. Then my Windows 7 arrived and I deleted the XP and installed 7.

Under Windows 7 my line-in did not work so I looked in the forum and found this article: http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1693. I updated the BIOS to the latest version (dated 12-May-2010) and then I lost all audio. I now notice that when I go to the control panel and look at the Sound category it says my speakers are not plugged in, even though they are.

I have also tried the audio patch recommended on this page: http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1687. It appears to run correctly but does not fix the problem.

Leonid

Re: Windows 7 Audio Problem

Post by Leonid »

Hi.

I need some clarification.
Did you install Realtek Audio Driver?
Leonid Firdman

Jack

Post by Jack »

I installed the Windows 7 drivers from your site (including audio).

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

Hi.

Please, install again Windows XP and check if all audio input and output still work properly.
Leonid Firdman

Jack

Post by Jack »

I installed Windows XP again and there is no audio. Also, I tried flashing the BIOS back to each of the older Bios files and none of them resulted in successful audio.

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

Hi.

It looks like hardware problem.
Please, contact our RMA department (rma@fit-pc.com) in order to replace the unit.
Leonid Firdman

Return to “Audio in Win7”