S Pidf seems not to work

Philippe

S Pidf seems not to work

Post by Philippe »

Hello,

I bought a Logitech Z906 5.1 system with optical input to connect it to the S pidf out of Fit PC and I can't make it work. You may be can help.

The Z906 works fine with the fit pc connected on the the headphone connector so the Z906 it self seems to work

When I want to use it connected on SPIDF, I have no sound (even in test):
- I go to "Manage audio devices" in control panel, select Realtek digital output as default device and then properties / supported formats / test and no sound.
- I suspect the issue to be linked with the following point - if I go the Realtek HD audio manager in the control panel, it seems that he only sees line in (2 tabs only, Digital output and Line in and both of them have an orange check tag - on the digital output I don't see the usual box to play a test sound)

I does not seem to be related to the cable (I tried 2 cables and have the same results) neither to the optical input of the Z906 (there are 2 and none work).

Hope you can help,

Philippe

irads

Re: S Pidf seems not to work

Post by irads »

I does not seem to be related to the cable (I tried 2 cables and have the same results) neither to the optical input of the Z906 (there are 2 and none work).
fit-PC2 S/PDIF out is coax. Z906 has one coax input. Have you tried it rather than optical (that would not work)?

Return to “Audio in Win7”