FluxBox not working

radioxid

FluxBox not working

Post by radioxid »

After several attemps, LinuxMint 9 *FluxBox* is non-working on my fitpc2-1.1GHz-NoWifi

I'll try to make it clear that it is a WM-related issue by installing a XFCE then Gnome version.
I doing this choice because those WMs are decreasingly lightweight :

FluxBox > XFCE > KDE > Gnome

Denis

Re: FluxBox not working

Post by Denis »

radioxid,
Just installed LinuxMint 9 *FluxBox* on fitpc2-1.6GHz using same installation steps, everything seems to be working. What exactly is broken?
Compulab's Linux support

radioxid

Post by radioxid »

I have used same installation steps as in your tutorial so as to get graphic acceleration and then rebooted. My screen goes black and TV says "out standard". Maybe it is a windows manager issue? By the way I can't find a xorg.conf

radioxid

Post by radioxid »

• Finally got Mint9 GNOME working on my machine!
as for the screen to display in-standard display, I had to apply this [1] to my xorg.conf.
Fortunately this time I thought of installing openssh-server BEFORE applying the installation steps.

• Maybe Compulab can update its code? It seems like they replace our xorg.conf with their one, they might now add the same lines as I did? I really see my problem as an issue...

• Now I'll try to install Fluxbox as it's lighter, side by side with gnome. Later I'll remove gnome!

Return to “Linux Mint”