Mint 13 Very slow on fitpc2 Z530 1go Ram

gashiss

Mint 13 Very slow on fitpc2 Z530 1go Ram

Post by gashiss »

Hello,
recently I decided to migrate from windows xp to on MINT 13 , on fitpc2 Z530 1go Ram,mainly because it is officially supported.
(following the step by step guide)
I like the look of the final result but all is slower than before,
is there tips or things to do to boost the performances?
cheers.

Gashiss

mbirger

Re: Mint 13 Very slow on fitpc2 Z530 1go Ram

Post by mbirger »

Unfortunately we can't help on that.
Please address generic Linux questions on Linux forums and communities.

gashiss

Post by gashiss »

Hello again, problem is I get, after the step by step installation, menu are flickerings slowly sometimes, I m getting not being able to click on some buttons, because windows are gone.

Do the poulsbo replacement driver provided by you can give me this kind of results?

Why Can I not choose a diffferent display resolution under Mint, I have just one, 1440x900?

Denis

Post by Denis »

In general if you following installation guide there should not be problems like flickering or uncklickable buttons. Are you sure you did all steps exactly as described in the guide?

As result are you able to play HD movies with mplayer? HW accelerated flash is working?

If we compare WindowsXP and LM13 we know than WindowsXP has better user expirience. it has better graphic drivers and as result it's faster in 2D, 3D and video acceleration but not dramatically as you describe.

Regarding display resolution, driver chose the maximal resolution reported be EDID. Unfortunalelly there is no way to change that in gui. If you want another resolution you setup it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, it's a little bit tricky.
Compulab's Linux support

Return to “Linux Mint”